Jul 7, 2011 Health
Cigarettes and smoke known to cause a variety of disease that some of them fairly even deadly. Here it is 15 a list of diseases caused by smoking.
Generally no single organ in the body are not affected by cigarette smoke, hence almost all parts of the body can be damaged by smoking. This is because in a single cigarette contains 4000 chemical compounds that 40 of them, including toxins (toxic) or carcinogenic (cancer-causing).
Here is a list of 15 disease caused by smoking, as quoted from Netdoctor.co.uk and Buzzle , on Thursday (07/07/2011), namely:
1. Lung Cancer/> Known about 90 percent of cases of lung cancer caused by smoking. This is because the smoke will enter inhalation into the lungs. Substances from cigarette smoke stimulates these cells in the lungs are growing abnormally. An estimated 1 in 10 moderate smokers and 1 of five heavy smokers will die from lung cancer.
2. Bladder Cancer/> Bladder cancer occurs in about 40 percent of smokers. Study finds high levels of the compound 2-naphthylamine in cigarette smoke into carcinogens leading to bladder cancer.
3. Breast cancer/> Women who smoke are more at risk of developing breast cancer. The study shows women who started smoking at age 20 years and 5 years before she became pregnant the first time greater risk of developing breast cancer.
4. Cervical Cancer/> About 30 percent of deaths from cervical cancer caused by smoking. This is because women who smoke are more susceptible to infection by a sexually transmitted virus.
5. Esophageal cancer/> study found that cigarette smoke damage the DNA of the cells of the esophagus causing esophageal cancer. About 80 percent of cases of esophageal cancer has been associated with smoking.
6. Gastrointestinal cancer/> Although cigarette smoke into the lungs, but there are some smoke ingested thus increasing the risk of gastrointestinal cancers (gastrointestinal).
7. Kidney Cancer /> When a person smokes, the smoke contains nicotine and tobacco will go into the body. Nicotine along with other hazardous chemicals such as carbon monoxide and tar cause changes in heart rate, breathing and circulation of blood pressure. Carcinogens are filtered out of the body through the kidneys also alter the DNA of cells and damage the cells of the kidney. This change affects renal function and lead to cancer.
8. Oral cancer /> Tobacco is the cause primary cancer of the mouth. Known smokers six times more likely to develop oral cancer compared with nonsmokers, and those who smoke tobacco without smoke-risk 50-fold greater.
9. Throat cancer/> Cigarette smoke is inhaled prior to entry into the lungs will pass through the throat, so the cancer will be associated with smoking.
10. A heart attack /> Nicotine in cigarette smoke causes the heart to work faster and increase blood pressure. While carbon monoxide takes more oxygen in the blood that makes the heart pump more blood. If the heart is working too hard plus high blood pressure, it can cause heart attacks.
11. Disease coronary heart disease (CHD) /> Most coronary heart disease caused by smoking and will deteriorate if it has a disease such as diabetes mellitus.
12. Atherosclerosis/> Nicotine in cigarette smoke may accelerate arterial blockages that can be caused by a buildup of fat. This will cause scarring and thickening of the arteries that cause atherosclerosis.
13. Disease chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) /> This condition causes the blood flow blocked, making breathing difficult person, and about 80 percent of COPD cases are caused by smoking. This condition can lead to emphysema (shortness of breath caused by damage to the air sacs or alveoli) and chronic bronchitis (cough with a lot of mucus that occurs continuously for 3 months).
14. Impotence /> For men in their 30s and 40s, then smoking can increase the risk of erectile dysfunction approximately 50 percent. This is because smoking can damage blood vessels, narrowing the artery so that nicotine reduces blood flow to the penis and blood pressure. If someone has already experienced impotence, it could be a warning that smoking is damaging other parts of the body.
15. Other medical disorders /> Some medical disorders can also be caused by smoking such as high blood pressure (hypertension), fertility problems, aggravate asthma and inflammation of the airways, higher risk of developing macular degeneration (a gradual loss of vision), cataract, became more frequently ill, causing stains on the tooth dam gums, canker sores develop in the intestines and damage the appearance.
//> ( ver / ir )
Incoming search terms:
- diseases caused due to smoking
- diseases due to smoking
- disease due to smoking
- disease caused due to smoking
- list of diseases caused by smoking
- important disease caused due to smoking is
- diseases caused due smoking
- what are the problems caused due to smoking
- diseases through smoking
- 15 cancers associated with smoking